Whether you are beginning a career in marine biology or looking to develop knowledge of the subject to support your studies, your marine biology career starts here… The MBA can help you at every stage of your journey.
Join the global community of marine biologists to discover worldwide opportunities, support the marine environment and raise the profile of the marine environment. As well as supporting our work, Young Marine Biologist Membership to the MBA gets you these exclusive benefits:
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of marine biology by receiving free copies of The Marine Biologist, the MBA’s popular science publication
- Keep your knowledge and enthusiasm for the marine environment alive by making the most of the FREE ENTRY to the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth, UK, an exclusive YMB member benefit. Note: other accompanying members of the party will be charged at the normal admission price
- Receive relevant careers information in your welcome pack and throughout your time as a YMB
- Enjoy opportunities to gain and develop important skills that will help you pursue a career in marine biology with access to bursaries and discounts on MBA-led training courses and other events including our annual YMB Summit
- Be an active member of the community and enhance your career prospects with opportunities to publish book reviews in the magazine and by submitting articles, photos, comments etc. for publication in the YMB Blog or The Marine Biologist magazine
- Free access to the MBA's National Marine Biological Library (NMBL)
- Meet other like-minded people by attending Member only survey days and training events (with special early bird ticket discount!)
- Be proud to be a YMB with your free‘I’m a Young Marine Biologist’ gift in your welcome pack
- Membership card
|Our YMB membership is fantastic value at £15 per year!||YMB is for anyone under the age of 18 who is interested in marine biology.|
How to join
Simply complete your details below and press submit to proceed to payment or email the Membership Secretary to request a printable form.
For more details please contact:
Following payment you should receive an automated acknowledgement and thank-you email from the Membership office. If this is not received, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice: Association activities remain mostly unaffected by the current corona virus outbreak and we are able to continue welcoming new and servicing existing Members with minimal levels of disruption. We are keeping our Members informed of any inevitable disruption. If you wish to contact us during this time, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the Association.