Whether you are beginning a career in marine biology or looking to develop knowledge of the subject to support your studies, your marine biology career starts here… The MBA can help you at every stage of your journey.
Join a global community of marine biologists to discover worldwide opportunities, support marine reseach and raise the profile of the marine environment. As well as supporting our work, Young Marine Biologist Membership to the MBA gets you these exclusive benefits:
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of marine biology with a free online subscription to The Marine Biologist, the MBA’s popular science magazine published four times year
- Keep your knowledge and enthusiasm alive by making the most of the FREE ENTRY to the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth, UK, an exclusive YMB member benefit. Note: accompanying members of the party will be charged at the normal admission price
- Receive relevant careers information in your welcome pack and throughout your time as a YMB
- Enjoy opportunities to gain and develop important skills that will help you pursue a career in marine biology with access to bursaries and discounts on MBA-led training courses and other events including our annual YMB Summit
- Be an active member of the community and enhance your career prospects with opportunities to publish book reviews in the magazine and by submitting articles, photos, comments etc. for publication in the YMB Blog or The Marine Biologist magazine
- Free access to the MBA's National Marine Biological Library (NMBL)
- Meet other like-minded people by attending Member only survey days and training events
- Be proud to be a YMB with your free welcome gift! Choose from an ‘I’m a Young Marine Biologist’ bag or MBA snood when you sign up
- As well as many other cross-category benefits listed here
Our annual YMB Summit has gone virtual! Head to the event page for schedule and speaker information and to book your FREE spot!
|Our YMB membership is fantastic value at £15 per year!||
YMB is for anyone under the age of 18 who is interested in marine biology
|Your YMB welcome pack will include a welcome letter and membership card, careers information and a free gift of your choice! Choose from an ‘I’m a Young Marine Biologist’ bag (useful for carrying kit on days out!) or an MBA snood when you sign up.|
Notice: Association activities remain mostly unaffected by the current corona virus outbreak and we are able to continue welcoming new and servicing existing Members with minimal levels of disruption. However, please allow up to a week for confirmation of your membership. We are keeping our Members informed of any inevitable disruption. If you wish to contact us during this time, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the Association.
For more details please contact:
The Marine Biological Association
Citadel Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PB, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1752 426493 (Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm)