Marine biology as a profession needs a unified, clear and independent voice speaking on behalf of its community; we represent marine biology research and the marine environment on all levels.
Members of the MBA are part of a dynamic and dedicated community working to promote research into all aspects of life in the sea. As well as supporting our work, Professional Membership to the MBA gets you these exclusive benefits:
- Set yourself apart by using the exclusive post-nominal Mem.MBA
- Opportunities to influence marine policy
- Access to an Experts Database of Marine Professionals
- The Marine Biologist quarterly Members' magazine
- Apply for MBA Research Fellowships
- Professional development opportunities
- Huge savings on access to the Journal of the Marine Biological Association (JMBA)
- An exclusive MBA pin badge
- A Certificate of Membership (optional)
- E-bulletin updates with news, events, jobs and more
- Attend the MBA AGM and steer the future of marine biology
- Cross-category benefits listed here
To celebrate 90 years of the Continuous Plankton Recorder and their free one-day conference, we are offering free online journal from 13-20th September! Enter code CPR90 at checkout
|All for just £45!||The Professional category is open to individuals who are practising marine biologists and graduates of marine biology or related disciplines, or who have gained an equivalent standing through their career|
All Professional Members receive an MBA lapel pin from the range of gifts exclusive to our senior categories.
Add a Certificate of Membership to cement your professional standing as a marine biologist from as little as £2!
The certificate is printed on high quality card, features an embossed silver seal, the MBA Coat of Arms and is signed by the Director.
Notice: Association activities remain mostly unaffected by the current corona virus outbreak and we are able to continue welcoming new and servicing existing Members with minimal levels of disruption. However, please allow up to a week for confirmation of your membership. We are keeping our Members informed of any inevitable disruption. If you wish to contact us during this time, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the Association.
For more details please contact:
The Marine Biological Association
Citadel Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PB, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1752 426493 (Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm)