Membership is available to all students* registered in full time University education, including PhD studies.
*Young people below the age of 18 wishing to join the Association should apply for Young Marine Biologist Membership.
Student Membership £25.00 with add-on options for Journal subscription.
- Welcome pack for members
- Significant membership discounts for training courses and conferences
- Twice-yearly copy of The Marine Biologist magazine.
- MBA Annual Report
- Access to the National Marine Biological Library (http://www.nmbl.org)
- 20% discounts with major publishers including Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press and the Eurospan Group. Details available in the new ‘Members Only’ area
- Significantly reduced subscription to the MBA Journal which also includes free access to the Marine Biodiversity Records
- Online access to the entire archive (1887 – 1999) for journal subscribers
- Reduced fees for courses at the MBA and for conferences (where the MBA is organiser or sponsor). View details
- Can apply for bursaries
- Hire the MBA’s Resource Centre at reduced rates
- Regular MBA publications including MBA Annual Report
- Members-only area on LinkedIn with online discussion forum and other facilities
- Networking opportunities via attendance at the AGM and science meetings
- Career development opportunities including information on marine biology related jobs
- Regular email notifications of courses, events and job vacancies
- Opportunity to attend and contribute to Plymouth-based research seminars (notified by e-mail)
- Access to one week’s bench space at the Laboratory at the MBA Director’s discretion. Where special facilities are required then this will also be at the Director’s discretion and may incur a charge
- Opportunity to influence the activities and policy of the Association through attendance at AGMs
- Opportunity to influence Marine Policy at the UK level and beyond
Services available at an additional charge
- Document delivery for private study or non-commercial research
How to join
For information, the Association’s governance documents can be downloaded from the links below:
For more details please contact
The Marine Biological Association Citadel Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PB, UK
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org