The EU-funded Horizon 2020 EMBRIC (European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster) Research Infrastructures project 2nd call For Transnational Access has been announced.
Users from academia and industry are invited to submit proposals in the field of Marine Biotechnology for access to research facilities and technology platforms:
The MBA is an EMBRIC Transnational Access consortium member and is offering access to state of the art facilities:
- Access to ecosystems and Sampling facilities (including use of MBA Research Vessel Sepia)
- Culture collections and biobanks
- Cultivation and rearing facilities (aquarium and circulating sweater systems)
- Microscopy and bio-imaging
- Molecular biology facilities
Access to MBA facilities and platforms is accompanied by full technical and logistical support.
Call is open from 15 February 2018 to 30 April 2018.
EMBRIC is designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation from marine Bio-Resources. EMBRIC aims to promote new applications derived from marine organisms in fields such as drug discovery, novel foods and food ingredients, aquaculture selective breeding, bioremediation, cosmetics and bioenergy.